Thursday, February 3, 2011

Buon Appetite!


Continuing with a year of firsts, I decided to tackle something else on my growing list of must-tries. I made my very first pot of homemade tomato sauce and to my surprise it really wasn't that hard. I sauteed some onions and garlic in a big pot with olive oil, then seasoned with salt and herbs. After that I just dumped a few big cans of whole tomatoes in and let them simmer away. It cooked for around 2 1/2 hours. Then I pureed in a blender and stored it in containers in the fridge. The recipe said it would freeze well, which is good because it made nearly two quarts. I paired my marinara sauce with some juicy meatballs over pasta. This to me is Italian comfort food at its finest! I think I'll try homemade pasta next...

No comments:

Post a Comment