
I rarely make fruity desserts, but when I found the recipe for this lemony creation I couldn't resist. For Poppa's birthday we had a family dinner and Grandma said this would be perfect for dessert. I began by making a lemon curd with egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. This mixture was cooked over the stove for about 5 minutes, which was really much longer than needed. Since I over-cooked it, I had a hard time forcing it through a sieve. I put the mixture in a bowl, then chilled it over night. The next morning I put heavy cream in a large bowl and whipped it until soft peaks formed. Then I folded the cream into the lemon curd and spooned the mixture into small custard dishes. After several hours in the freezer I inverted each "whip" onto a plate. Then I garnished with strawberry sauce, a few strawberry slices, and a lemon slice. It was summer on a plate!
No comments:
Post a Comment