My tomato bushes, just flourished, but many of the fruit never ripened. My mom say that may have been from the lack of H2O. The ones that did turn out to be food for us and not the caterpillars, were a bit tough and dry. I tried two different varieties, Early Girl and Celebrity. Any suggestions?
My cute little butt-shaped strawberries. Oh they were pretty to look at but, very tart. On the other hand superbly juicy. Maybe I'll just try another variety next time. At some point I thought I had a strawberry thief. Nice, almost-ripe strawberries one day and a bare bush the next. Overall, such a fun experience. This upcoming spring I have another garden in the planning: an Herb garden. Oregano, Thyme, Basil (my second attempt), Lemon Verbena, Rosemary, Parsley, and for a pop of color, a Butterfly Bush. My small plot has already been cleared for my next gardening adventure.
It looks like you had a colourful harvest. I've always wanted to grow my own strawberries so I could make this:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LryoBwdz1Wg