This Sweet Challah Bread was so fun to make... and I learned something along the way. When you've just finished making something and you realize after the fact that the ingredient you thought you put in, is not what you put in, panicking is beside the point. In other words completely useless. I made this bread out of self-rising flour instead of plain flour, which turned out to be not such a disaster after all. Also for those of you who don't know what Challah bread is, traditionally, it is made for Jewish holidays. Two loaves are made for breakfast on two of the three Sabbath days. I am thinking of making french toast with it in the morning. I can't wait to try more bread recipes. Feel free to send your favorites my way.
Oh how I would love a slice of that with lots of butter!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's like eating cake, very dense, i might try a different recipe next time. I think traditional challah bread is supposed to be light and fluffy.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, it is light and fluffy. But more importantly, delicious!!
ReplyDeleteI can't judge yours by taste, but it looks quite good!
I think mine needs some work.
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I have never attempted to bread. The whole yeast, rising, kneeding, etc. thing intimidates me. I'm VERY impressed!! Can't wait to see you next weekend!!!!
ReplyDelete