Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cravin' Asian

Asian cuisine can be made nutritious super easily and it is so good. This was my second time making sushi, except this time it was vegan. First, I steamed the rice, then sprinkled it with vinegar and sugar. We stuffed our rolls with avocado, carrots, and cucumber. The process is very simple. First you take a seaweed sheet and spread rice over two thirds of the sheet. then assemble your veggies at the end of the sheet and roll. You use a bamboo mat to help guide the roll over and then just keep tucking the stuffing in, so that nothing pops out. I must have done okay, because I got a thumbs up from a tiny Asian lady who was passing by the lab on a tour of the school! Sushi is okay, but rather bland. It would have had more substance with the addition of some crab or fish. The other dishes my group made included a vegetable stir fry with a soy and agave reduction, a cold orzo and tomato salad, and a carrot and ginger soup. They were all light, refreshing dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment